Tirupati and Trichy is an industrial city, with important sectors such as BHEL, OFT, HAPP and the Golden Rock Railway Work Shop. Located on the banks of Cauvery River in antiquity, it was the home of the Cholas, Pallavas and Pandya. Trichy is built around the 83 m high Rock Fort, which is nearly 3,800 million years.

Fort Rock is a rock projecting high esteem to be among the oldest rocks in the world. It has ruins of a fortress and a temple on top. Srirangam (7 km), is an island of pilgrimage in the middle of the Cauvery with the famous temple Sri Ranganathaswami. Tiruvanaikkaval Temple is another famous temple 2 km east of Srirangam. Maariamman Temple, 12 km north, is one of the most visited shrines in Tamil Nadu dedicated to Shakti or the Mother Goddess. See sculptures in bronze and stone on display at Government Museum Bharathidasan Road, St. John’s (1812), near Theppakulam (temple tank). Chinna Kadai

Tags: ,